Blackfriars Settlement is a registered charity based in London SE1 for over 125 years that aims to create and provide community services and support. Whether you want to learn new skills or to have fun and make friends, we have something to suit you.
All of our work is guided by five aims:
- Supporting the achievement of individual aspirations
- Promoting physical and mental well-being and independence for all
- Promoting learning and development - formal and informal
- Promoting digital inclusion
- Being a focal point in the community
Please browse our website to find out what we can do for you.
Join us in creating opportunities for the local community; you can help by donating to a service of your choice or generally online at JustGiving.
|LATEST NEWS AND EVENT
Jobs, Skills & Careers Month - Following on from the success of our UK Online healthy living days, February is the Job Skills & Career month at Blackfriars Settlement. These sessions are available to anybody. It is a great opportunity to meet people, see what is out there online & get some expert advice & start a pathway into work. Main sessions are on Monday, Tuesday & Thursday 10am to 12.30pm.
“There were so many success stories here; Sean can now…” - See more here:
- Blackfriars Settlement's Fundraising Curry Night is back. Friday 28th March 2014 feast on a variety of Indian and Sri Lankan curries. A 3 course meal with a glass of wine, only £20. For more information contact: Tina 02079289521 or click picture below.
The Supporters Club - is holding a Personalisation - General Information Day on Monday 3rd March 2014 1.30pm to 3.15pm that is open to everyone to attend. It will be an event for organisations to inform everyone about what they do with regards to Personalisation, Support Plans and Personal Budgets, as well as a general day of fun and refreshments. This is a great opportunity to explore what Personalisation means
Book your place onto our Cook and Eat course, starting Wednesday 12th February 2014. Contact Mannie: 020 7928 952.
- Our Older People Services is buzzing away with activities. The program varies weekly so check out the older people's services newsletter (PDF 0.15KB) or contact us for more information.
- HRH The Princess Royal visited Blackfriars Settlement in Borough on 11th December 2013 to open 1 Rushworth Street, London SE1, the Settlement’s new multi-purpose, fully accessible community centre. See more pictures here.