Blackfriars Settlement is a registered charity based in London SE1 for over 125 years that aims to create and provide community services and support. Whether you want to learn new skills or to have fun and make friends, we have something to suit you.
All of our work is guided by five aims:
- Supporting the achievement of individual aspirations
- Promoting physical and mental well-being and independence for all
- Promoting learning and development - formal and informal
- Promoting digital inclusion
- Being a focal point in the community
Please browse our website to find out what we can do for you.
Join us in creating opportunities for the local community; you can help by donating to a service of your choice or generally online at JustGiving.
LATEST NEWS AND EVENTS
Our Older People Services is buzzing away with activities. The program varies weekly so check out the older people's services newsletter or contact us for more information.
The Blackfriars Art Studio will be participating in the Nunhead Art Trail. Please give them your support.
- Come join us for a concert on Friday 22nd August at 13:30 in the Blackfriars Settlement hall! Franz Hepburn will be singing for us again. He has got a great voice and is full of charisma and has a lovely personality. Please see the flyer for more details.
MHWBS members just got back from their annual Awayweek in Dorset. Apart from having a lot of fun and physical activities, members had the opportunity to learn healthy living and cooking skills, teamwork with plenty of socialising thrown in. Many thanks go to the United St Saviours Charity for their support in making this happen
We are celebrating National Volunteers' Week at Blackfriars Settlement June 1 - 7, 2014.
A big thank you to the Shangri-La Hotel, At The Shard, London who have become our latest partner. They've already been a great help to us, even providing the catering for the Princess Royal's visit to the Settlement. And on 2nd May they invited Settlement staff to dinner for a wonderful evening.
Please see the Partners page for more details on our current partners.